MAKE YOUR WINTER EASY, BREEZY…AND HEALTHY
I’m a big believer that you can save a lot of time and effort by learning from people who just seem to get it right. I get my health tips from people who are always healthy – not necessarily the ones who constantly talk about the lastest and greatest health fad. I’m often surprised that their ‘secrets’ to good health are tried and true practical things they have been doing for decades. They tell me that if it’s too complicated, it’s just not sustainable…like if you have to drive 45 minutes to get to your gym…you know you won’t go!
So I surveyed a few women who have lived long and healthy lives to ask for their top tips to stay out of the doctors office. These are SO easy so let’s get started.
- Wash your hands with a natural soap like Mrs. Meyers. It’s full of the good stuff, free of the bad, and it smells so good. If you aren’t near a sink – some good hand-wipes can be carried in your bag.
Travel Baby Wipes – 4 Packs
Honest Wipes provide the convenience of a disposable cloth baby wipe in a biodegradable* & plant-based alternative. I know they are called “baby” wipes…but these natural, plant-based wipes are great for adult dirty hands too!
Mr. Meyers Lavender hand soap
#1 Your mother always told you to wash your hands and boy was she right! Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Hand Soap gently and effectively cleans your hands with the natural cleansing power of olive oil, aloe vera, and essential oils. The plant-based, non-drying formula washes away dirt and germs, leaving skin clean and soft. And […]
Healthy Hand Wipes/ 8 packages containing 10 each
#1 A lot of people in the natural health industry don’t like hand sanitizers because they have a few ingredients that might kill germs, but they aren’t doing your body any favors. The argument is that they kill the good bacteria on your hands as well as the bad leaving you unprotected. These convenient little […]
2. Diffuse essential oils in your home, office, car…anywhere you spend time. Now realize, there are different oils for a variety of ailments so we recommend a couple to boost your immune system and purify the air below. These are not just to smell good, these are therapeutic grade – to heal and enhance your health. So put away those candles and get out the diffuser and some oils…smells good AND good for you (no match required)!
MUJI Ultrasonic Aroma Diffuser Large: Health & Personal Care
#2 This attractive room size diffuser adds humidity as it add your oils into the air. It’s great in the winter and colder climates.
GreenAir Aroma Breeze Diffuser
#2 Love this diffuser idea to keep your workspace healthy. It plugs right into your computer. No water needed.
#2 Indoor pollution is a source of germs, viruses, bacteria and more. This will make your house, your office, car or your hotel room smell wonderful and will clean the air as it makes it smell really nice!
Immune Strength Essential Oil
Rocky Mountain Oil04
#2 This will help boost your immune system! If you are really feeling like a cold is coming on, this a a great oil to help your body ward off the germs.
GreenAir Nebulizer Diffuser
#2 Keep your home and office air clean – especially the bedroom and any room you spend a lot of time. There are so many things I like about this diffuser. First of all, no water is added which means you don’t need to clean it out and it doesn’t add humidity which is important […]
3. Wash your pillow case! You have your nose in this all night and your hair catches all sorts of pollution so shower and wash your pillow case (and sheets) with a non-toxic detergent and fabric softener if you live in a colder climate where static is a problem.
Shop Honest Co. for our plant-based, fabric softener, anti-static dryer sheets.
Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Dryer Sheets, Lavender, 80 Count
#3 Not everyone needs or uses dryer sheets, but if you want to or need to because of static cling, then these don’t add toxins to the air or to your skin. Mrs. Meyers products smell really good too.
Seventh Generation Laundry Detergent – 50 0z
#3 Wash your pillow case! Your face is on it for 7 hours or more so keep it fresh and non-toxic! Health Facts for this detergent: non-toxic, Phosphate-free, hypoallergenic, no fragrance added, dye-free, phthalate-free, paraben-free, fluoride-free.
4. Take probiotics! There are a lot of ways to do this and if you can’t make your own kefir (which is an awesome way to get probiotics) then you can buy probiotic drinks that taste good and really restore good health to your gut. A healthy gut means your body is stronger and can more easily fight off sickness!
Bio-Kult Advanced Probiotic, 60 count
#4 Bio-Kult is a unique probiotic with a high concentration of 14 strains of beneficial bacteria. This particular item is great for gut health and a healthy gut promotes overall good health.
Body Ecology Innergy Biotic Probiotic Beverage, 750mL
#4 Body Ecology Innergy Biotic is a healthy, low-calorie source of probiotics that’s gluten-free and provides loads of energy. A little goes a long way plus it;s dairy-free.
5. Eat Healthy Snacks. Food is the key to good health and whole food is the golden rule. Just carrying some healthy snacks stops you from hitting the vending machine and buying a candy bar or some chips. These snacks fill you up, boost your immune system, and taste pretty good too.
Organic Pumpkin Seeds – priced per pound
Food to Live03
#5 – Pumpkin seeds taste good and taste great in a trail mix with almonds and dark chocolate. Zinc, a mineral that is found in pumpkin seeds in abundance, provides valuable support to your immune system. It improves your general well-being, boosts cell production, and helps fight seasonal diseases such as colds. Moreover, if you […]
Organic Almonds | Buy Organic Almonds in Bulk
Food to Live13
#5 – These healthy organic almonds are filling and energizing. They are the perfect mid-day treat. Priced per pound.
Dark Chocolate Covered Dream Almonds, Organic, 8 oz
#5 – If you need a splurge – this snack is amazingly good and healthy too. These organic dry-roasted almonds are draped with a luxurious coating of dark chocolate, dusted with fair-trade cocoa powder, and are a delightfully decadent treat. Organic dark chocolate is a rich source of antioxidants, and almonds contain beneficial monounsaturated fat, […]